Friday, July 22, 2011

Taxes ???

I haven't posted in a while, I know. Haven't done much in the last three weeks. Barb's been having a lot of work done on her eyes which requires a bunch of eye drops in between doctor visits. I know how hard it is to put drops in your own eyes and with 4 different kinds of drops rotated on a 2 hour basis, I would really be negligent if I went running off to LaPaz and left her to fend for herself. Besides, I have been neglecting my poker playing for the last couple of months - this way I have an excuse to play for 6 to 8 hours a day without ever leaving the comforts of home.
No story for this picture - just fits the topic.
Ever seen this before ? Yeah, I have been audited again. As a small business person I get audited quite a bit, the 3/5th rule only applies to me, not the IRS. It's like playing poker, kinda fun if you know the game. I started my first business when I was still in college. As an accounting major my professors and I had a great time the first time I was audited, most of them were CPA's and lawyers. At any rate I don't mind going up against the brainwashed but this year I am at a logistic disadvantage so it makes it hard to fight back. The audit is about revenue. My books reflect total revenue and the IRS wants to be able to add up 1099's and come up with total revenue. As anyone can see this will lead to double taxing the part of my revenue steam that isn't covered by a 1099 or some other government approved document and they wonder why people don't claim cash they receive for services. I guess those 10,000 new IRS agents that they hired for enforcement of  the new health care law don't have anything better to do. We'll see what happens.

I did take Barb to La Paz earlier in the week on a day trip - she was worried about someone taking my tools. I think she feels a little better now knowing that the local folks are very respectful of our property.
My sand pile is getting a little low.


1 comment:

  1. Good to see your blog again. I've missed your project updates. I hope Barb has a quick recovery so you can get back to work on the property and continue to inspire me with your posts.

    Oh, and don't forget to report all those poker winnings on next years return... Mike

    ReplyDelete