Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Advice from the better half.

Tying in the new with the old.
I mentioned in the last post that I would ask my wife to help prioritize my projects in La Paz, figuring she might allude to her preference. Here is what I got – "Quit playing around and get some work done." This is what I get for trying to bait a woman with two PhD's in Psychology.

I did get some work done last week, mostly digging out the inside of the perimeter walls for the floor slab. It is slow going and easy to get distracted away from. Now that I have a new helper it takes twice as long as it normally would.

She helps me dig – putting the stuff I just dug back in the hole, and she protects my tools by taking them to an undisclosed location so no one can find them. She came upon one of these little Ecuadorian deer the other day and they both took off running in opposite directions. She hasn't quite figured out the creek yet, it's deeper than she is tall, so by the time she finds a way out she is 25 yards from where she went in.

I did lay some blocks, building up the north and south corners and some course blocks in between.

 I just can't remember but I think the lap on rebar is 14 times the diameter, looks right anyway.
Tying in the new and the old.

 

The local block maker has just started a new run just in the nick of time, I am down to my last 30 blocks.



1 comment:

  1. I am not only being entertained but educated as well!! I admire your engineering skills or maybe I should say Mangineering!!

    -Charles

    ReplyDelete