Wednesday, November 30, 2011

More blocks and sand.

I have been hauling blocks and sand in the car for the last month because of the rain and the problems I had last time I had stuff delivered. It made progress even slower than this old man's slow pace. We had a break in the weather last week and after 3 days of no rain I decided to give it a shot and have 300 blocks and 2 yards of sand delivered. It rained all day on delivery day, so I had to dump the blocks and sand in the driveway about 50 feet from the front gate. We have plenty of space to have stuff delivered but our quarter mile frontage is right on the Panamerican Highway and it won't stay there long.

Digger likes to play in the rain but when night comes she gets a little cold.
I've got like 3 blankets on the bed, I don't know how she manages to just get under the top one.

I haven't been giving the cat her due lately, so I better give her credit for her efforts.
She keeps an eye on things.
Does the incoming materials inspections.
And she handles safety inspections of tools and equipment.

1 comment:

  1. Ray, Good to see another post from you Two weeks pass and I get anxious. How do you move 300 concrete blocks and two yards of sand in a car?…Lot's of trips I guess. Glad to see Digger and Cat are pulling their weight, you all seem to be quite the team. Mike

    ReplyDelete