Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Progress.

In response to comments from last week :

Deguello - thanks for your comments but there is a difference between reading and comprehending what you read.

Bob - you are smarter than you take credit for.

Jim - Thanks for the compliment, you really do know, don't you?

Steve - I am familiar with the woman in Singapore who uses the pseudonym " Simon Black " using regurgitated scare tactics to sell nonexistant services.


This week, the road between Cuenca and LaPaz was the worst I have ever seen it. Road repair delays, a land slide on the south side of Cumbe and a deceptive mud slide north of Nabon. Looks like the rainy season has taken its toll on the Pan American South Highway.

I got the window and the door in on half of the addition. Barb will be moving to LaPaz in 3 weeks so I better have a place for her to sleep. I will lose the square door when the second part of the addition is done in a few months.





The shower floor has been poured and the pedestal for the toilet is in.



The water pump and holding tank are installed.

All that hardware and piping for a hot little water heater to give me my half hour hot showers. The gas regulator is sitting on top of the heater box in the picture but will go outside to the gas tanks, I just had to test it with everything within sight and smell. It all works great.




Water pump, holding tank and pressure regulator about $100.
Water heater, exhaust pipe, gas regulator another $100.
Glass for the window $6.

Behind schedule but under budget.






No comments:

Post a Comment