Monday, February 11, 2013

Cause and Effect

Cause and Effect

Pat; I figured out why you can’t post a comment on the blog. I have recently started using voice recognition software and I use Microsoft Word to do it, it isn’t a BlogSpot program so it won’t allow interaction. I will post a direct e-mail address so you can comment and I will publish it in the next blog post; I really want to hear from you.

Humans live in a world of cause and effect. If there is a drought one year the next year you grow more than you normally would,  if you don’t get that raise you think you deserved you start looking for a new employment, etc.. So when you have a bad government, what do you do? Well you can’t just replace the government, for the same reason you don’t go out and start a company to compete with the company that won’t give you that justly deserved raise. It is way too complicated, costly and takes way too long, not to mention you don’t have the wherewithal to do it anyway. Same deal with the government, don’t flatter yourself into thinking your somebody and can make a difference, there are over 300,000,000 people in this country and they could care less what happens to you or your family. What chance is there that your political representatives care about anything other than their political future?  Your certainly not going to change the opinion of over 50% of the population, who are just trying to get free stuff because they are worthless and can’t get ahead, they feel it is their right to get your stuff too and when the President of the United States leads them in that direction it just fuels their fire. Chances are nothing will change along those lines until they have driven the taxpaying public into financial insolvency, until the federal budget exceeds federal revenues by a margin of $2 of debt for every $1 in revenue, until healthcare is so expensive only the poor can afford it, until the growth of funny money exceeds the growth of production in the entire country. My bad, all that has already happened!!!

Cause and effect – there is no turning this boat around, we’re all aboard and there isn’t a paddle among us. I say toss the dead weight, paddle with our hands to the shore line and get the heck off this river. You better be working on a plan really hard to avoid this scenario because it isn’t going to get any better anytime soon. Our economy is so fragile all it will take is continuing drought in the mid west, a run on tech stocks, a down grade of our credit by S&P, a war in the Middle East, one of the EU countries fails, the sequester on budget cuts may do it, you know the domino effect. There’s the cause – what are you going to do to lessen the effect? Oh it will never happen to me – that’s going to work real well when the dollar in your pocket only has the purchasing power of 50 cents today. People panic real easy – what are you going to do about that? My guess is you just read and talk about it, you don’t think it will really happen, but what if it does? I don’t have anything to sell you guys, I kind of wish I did – I think a lot of folks would buy common sense, it’s in short supply. I can discuss with you what I think might make life a little easier - no matter what happens.

Because I am using word processing software to write this stuff, the blog won’t take comments. If you’ve got something to say about this subject or some other topic or you just want me to know I am an idiot, you can send me an e-mail  oldmanmax@mail.com - mark it private or public so I know what to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment