Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Drilling a water well.

Since we are going to move out to the house project property we figured we better get the well in. We scheduled the drilling operation with a recommended well driller about a month ago and yesterday he came to do the work. I don't know how I get so lucky but this guy set up, drilled the well, installed the well casing all by himself. He didn't get started until noon time and was out of there by 6 o'clock, I've never seen anyone drill a well alone - it's at least a two person operation.

Around our area water wells are about 300 to 400 feet deep but we sit pretty close to the top of a mountain so who knows how deep it would be. He could have drilled 300 feet and I wouldn't know any different but it ended up 60 feet into the bedrock and 65 feet of dirt for a total of 125 feet and 8 gallons a minute. What great work this guy does. He had to come out this morning to grout the well casing and have it witnessed by the Health Department. We'll have the pump installed next week. There is no question about who I would recommend  to drill or repair a well around here, I guess I owe the guy who recommended him to me a little sipping liquor.


No comments:

Post a Comment