Friday, August 12, 2011

Back and forth.

I've been back and forth from Cuenca to La Paz quite a few times this week with side trips to Nabon. It's about getting the power hooked up. The electric company office in Nabon tells me they will send a crew last week and not to pay at this time, then I get a message through an intermediary that the main office in Cuenca requires payment up front. My take is, if they can't get their stuff together - they can keep their electricity. It is a small service to begin with, I will have to supplement the service to run half of my equipment any how. I can probably run a generator head off the water that comes through property. I have only been waiting for the power company for 6 months. 6 months is my limit for most everything - then the hard headedness kicks in. When our residency stuff for Ecuador hit 6 months and hadn't been done, I lined up property in North Carolina, headed to the lawyers office with every intention of booking a flight to the U.S. that afternoon. I figure 6 months is long enough to wait for something that would only take a couple of weeks in the private sector. I didn't mean for this to turn into a rant, but guess what - being upset about something translates into spanish real good, no matter what language you speak.

I did get a little done this week. I dug the footers for the north wall and the intersecting walls and put in the steel.

I took Barb down to La Paz friday on a day trip, so I showed her a few stucco mixes on the brick wall to see if she liked any of them - I guess I will need to show her a few more.

I have an appointment next monday at the animal shelter, to pick up my new puppy. I don't know what she will grow up to be but judging from the mother and the pups size at 4 weeks, she should be a good 50 pounder with medium long hair and be able to stand her ground when she needs to.

No comments:

Post a Comment