Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Knew it.

Last week I was saying that Barb had discovered glass building blocks, this week she has a design she wants
incorporated into the guest house - if it's not to much trouble. Now what do you think that means ?
.
It means I better put it in - here's half of the design.

Four straight days of rain and the locals talking about how cold it is, of course I don't know the difference. Rain in the morning or afternoon for a couple hours is okay but all day and all night is getting to be a real pain. There is a good side to all the rain, Digger the dog really likes it.
What, you think you're going to melt ? Come out and play.

Last week's blog post brought some written comments and some in person. So I guess I will follow through with a new project. Let's see how good you are at reading between the lines. Good clean water is a fundamental requirement for life, so in addition to a slow sand filter for my water supply I will be building a water distiller ( a still ) to boil water and condense the vapor. On another front I have decided to plant an additional quarter acre of corn, some rye and a little more barley for chicken feed. In the garden I have decided to grow several varieties of potatoes. All the things you've heard or surmised about me are true.

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear those stories are true. P.S. I like the block for the guest house.. hopefully I will get invited to see the block and your how your water distillation works.. wink wink..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ray,
    Just a quick word to tell you that i really like your blog a lot.Being a guy construction is always great to follow.Love you dog.But boy how long will it take to finish it all?No worries about saftey,once you and Barb live there?Greetings from Jos in Guayaquil

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I have been replying to comments using my e-mail account, I don't think they get sent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rye, barley and potatoes? With your distilled water, that will make a great (soup).

    ReplyDelete