Sunday, March 25, 2012

4 weeks and a little bit.

Digger and I stayed in La Paz longer than normal this past week but we got some work done despite the rain.
We got the rafters in and the stringers on.
The rain water seems to flow in the right direction.


There is still the gable ends to close in but at least I won't be getting wet every day. The transition to the existing roof went well, it was a struggle using this wacky lumber but I have a solution for that in the future.

Slow sand water filter next week.



3 comments:

  1. Nice job, Ray! That's got to be a sense of accomplishment to finally have the roof up. I like the last photo showing the overall structure. Would you be willing to take a picture from this same location for each post? It could create a time-lapse view of your progress - similar to what I did with my kitchen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL7hTIJjbbg&context=C4170bebADvjVQa1PpcFNEIxSaha9wkfNXAAssuMlnV4EtPSO85CM=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking Great Ray!! You're really moving along. I'm looking forward to a post on the slow sand filter, I've never seen one. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not bad for an old guy, with a cute doggy

    ReplyDelete