Saturday, March 17, 2012

Still 6 weeks.

I wanted to post on the blog before I left town this week, I have a new thumb drive but I'm not sure it will work in La Paz.

In response to comments from the last blog ;
        Thanks to Bob Barber for his patronage. I am sure there is all kinds of information on the fundamentals of construction. You have the most important element already - a willingness to build. If you put your time and money into one of the most basic needs in life, you will never lose your investment. If you have specific questions e-mail me at cuencamax@gmail.com, I'll do my best to answer them.
        To Mike Wallace, thanks for the comment and stay in touch.

What I neglected to show you in the last post was a gap at the peak of the gable end - this is to allow for a ridge board to keep the roof line straight.
Now the ridge board is installed as well as the carrying beam to carry the roof load.

Painting the roof tin is a real pain, they sell a rust resistant enamel here for $10 a gallon but the stuff is so thick it has to be thinned about 1 to 4 and the thinner is twice the price of the paint. I am tempted to buy a spray rig but the setup and cleanup time would take longer than painting by hand. I'll get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment