Monday, May 23, 2011

Something old, something new.

I have been here 6 months now and I have a few statistics maybe one or two people might like to see. Preface : We live in Cuenca, for now, in a very nice rented apartment with way more of everything than we need. I put 1200 miles (2000 kilometers) a month on the car running back and forth to La Paz. We don't worry about how much we spent on food, how often we go out to eat, we send our laundy out and if we see something we what we buy it.

Our living expenses run $1100 a month. The building budget is separate but transportation costs are in that $1100 a month. We could very easily live on $600 a month and probably will when we move out to La Paz. If you want to know any more about our budget you'll have to talk to Barb ( smsuprof@yahoo.com ) she knows all the details.

Another interesting mess of numbers comes from the U.S. and the Social Security Administration. There are 79 million baby boomers in the U.S., 10,000 retire every day and that's going to go on for 17 years. Where are you going to go when you retire? Your going to have to live on Social Security, there are no safe investments in the U.S.. Even if you own everything outright can you live on Social Security in the U.S?

One more -  you know that 1200 miles a month I put on the car, it costs me $45 a month in gas.

Yeah, I know this is a building forum, but it is mine and I get to post what I want. In case you didn't know, I am old and not very smart about this computer stuff, so I am exercising my new found verbal freedom.

I'll be going to La Paz tomorrow, so I'll have something related to this blog to talk about then.