Sunday, May 29, 2011

A special thanks to Mary at South of Zero.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mary at South of Zero for her work in keeping me updated on a bunch of blogs of expats in Ecuador. I can't speak for other folks but I can tell you, having access to all those blogs has helped me in my transition to Ecuador and beyond. I don't know much about cyberspace or the technology that supports it but I can just imagine how much time and dedication it takes to read all those blogs and post a summary - every day. It sure makes it easy to click one address and have access to some of the best blogs on living in Ecuador by real people who live here, not some paid advertisement about some pie in the sky hype and misinformation. Thank you Mary and please keep up the good work.

Starting the 1st of June (next week) I will be spending a lot more time in La Paz working on my projects, so the posts will  be about a week apart but I will start getting into the meat of the projects much sooner. Coming up next week - I have some destruction to do before I can start on the construction of the addition to what will become the guest house. Looking ahead a few weeks, I will be building a 6 X 12' entry gate, a potable water system, putting in the footers for the addition and mixing a bunch of cement for a mud slab. Because of the nature of cement products and curing times the projects will jump around a bit but they will all get done in a reasonable amount of time - did I mention I'm old ?

1 comment: